Timo's Seedling topic

Timo:

This forum is lucky to have such a good photographer/hybridizer. Are BMW’s a type of rose or a type of car? Here a BMW is a German automobile.

Rob:

You must be my long lost twin. :slight_smile:

Bob

Bob,

When I just begon with the roses I fooled around by saying that every rose I hybridize it’s worth a BMW (car). So when a rose pops open I say to him: “I’ve a new BMW growing”. Not that in any chance I can buy a BMW with any of my roses though. lol

And a great photographer you are Timo! I’m enjoying your photos.

Rob

Hi Timo & Rob:

Thanks for the great idea. I have decided that my seedlings will be Maybachs. :slight_smile:

Bob

There you go!

“I have decided that my seedlings will be Maybachs.”

The word of the week … .

Here we go! :smiley:

Link: www.das-projekt.com/

Timo:

Outstanding seedling!!! Now I see why RosariumRob wants to steal it. lol :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I can see I will have to work hard to top yours.

Maybach Bob in New Orleans

Some OP seedlings from a container which was dropped on the floor:

Maybe a Mozart seedling with a lot mildew:

;

I have no idea from which this one is:

;

Little single:

;

Hansaland OP seedling is opening tomorrow, it’s sooo red as red can be.

Oh, second one is likely a Bonica OP.

The same bonica OP:

;

Hansaland OP:

;

It’s really dark! Wow, almost black. :wink:

Hansaland OP:

;

Timo:

Are the backs of the petals of your red darker than the part we see in your latest picture or did the fronts and backs both lighten up in color as it opened? What do you think is the source of the very dark red?

Regards, Bob

The back of the outer petal is indeed a lot darker. The dark red stays the same the whole time. I hope it servives because it was planted in a huge container very close to other seedlings. Hope that I didn’t destroyed to much roots. It’s planted in the garden now.

The seed was from a unknown plant which I think is Hansaland. But their are so much red roses so it’s a quess.

The seedling has the same “round” foiliage, same flower, same velvet petals and a little white area at the center.

The hansaland picture resembes the petal architecture from the Orange Triumph line of red floribundas of Europe (ie. Lavaglut, Ama, Lili Marlene, etc).

Timo:

I am hoping with you that the dark red stays. If it is not too much trouble I would love it if you could put up another picture of the red when it is fully open. Many thanks.

Regards, Bob

I’ve cut it of and took a picture.

Funny thing when I looked in Photoshop for the color-range. It was totally red. All the darken and the lighten where all in 99% red. It was a few days on the bush and the red didn’t fade away at all. It’s a keeper I think.

;

Timo:

Many thanks for latest red picture. It sure opened up nicely. It is indeed a “keeper.” By the way – where do you pick up such english slang as “it’s a keeper.”

Can’t wait to see your next seedling.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Where I get it from? Speaking english for 15 years and a lot of reading. lol. :wink:

;

Coral Dawn x Golden Celebration. #6

Not that special, very full, smells like skincream.

Timo,

I like the CD x GC #6 seedling. How is disease resistance on this one?

Rob

I know a guy from Bulgaria that took up American English strictly by using the itnernet lol! It scares me that he picks up some of my slang tho, lol.

Timo, did you read what I wrote about your Hansaland OP? Are the possibilities of the line of reds I wrote within the vacinity of the OP crossing?