Seeds going into Stratification for 2013.

Harvested my first seed today and are now in the fridge.

(Sympathie X R. Virginiana) X Elara

This cross gave me one very plump seed (Baronne Ed Rothschild X Mme C Testou) X Euphrates fingers crossed it will germinate for me. About 6yrs ago I did a Moulin Rouge X Euphrates, the offspring were so PM it was an endless battle and I dug them up.Other Moulin Rouge offspring were never effected by PM.

Whiz Kid crossed with the following to produce Hybrid Musk types to be used in the breeding cyle with Eyes for You

Pop Corn

Pinkie

How Sweet

Disco Lemonade

Dont seem to creating any interest in this thread , maybe a hint mmmm.

Sympathie X Mermaid

Sympathie X R. Davidii

Baronne Ed Rothschild X Kronenburg

Warren,

I’m waiting for you to cross Mme Caroline Testout with pollen from Mermaid. And I want to see the picture.

I’ve been watching your R. virginiana crosses with some interest–waiting for the second generation.

And you don’t need to be impatient when you don’t get an immediate response when you post something. The rest of us are still being stratified, so just wait.

Peter

Warren, I enjoy your seedlings and am envious of the lovely pictures that you post. Most of the varieties that you use are completely foreign to me, however…opposite climates on opposite sides of the world.

Sympathie X Mermaid

Sympathie X R. Davidii

Those are two very interesting crosses.

:slight_smile:

…Just chilling…

What I honestly can’t wait to see are seedlings with Mermaid which actually LOOK as if Mermaid had anything part in creating them.

Wicked thorny house-eaters?

Partially, but more of the Bracteata look to the foliage and wood. I WANT Mermaid with an Eyeconic flower to it like a wickedly prickly, rampant, healthy, climbing hibiscus.

I think this could be interesting if it germinates ((Wendy X Gold Bunny) X R. sweginzowii

THAT could be!

Put these seeds into the fridge yesterday, four batches of the various F1 Sympathie X R. virginiana.

F1’s X Curly Pink

F1’s X Elara

Both pollinators are very healthy here, but the main reason for their use was, their ability to give large petal numbers to their offspring.

…And hopefully some good disease resistant foliage to boot? Looking forward to seeing those babies.

I can’t wait to see more Curly Pink babies. I have so many plans using CP this year based on what I have seen from it and all your pictures of its results.

I am also planning on using its sister seedling Country Doctor (much bigger blooms with the cabbage form - lots of petals too) and its mother Pink Princess. All 3 were tested last year and seem to be doing well so far.

Are Country Doctor, Curly Pink, and Pink Princess healthy for you Andre?

Hi Warren, I wish I could have saved some of those Moulin Rouge crosses from you. In the far north rarely gets mildew biuld up so from a breeding point of view they could have been interesting…Johannes

Adam,

for the most part they are. Those 3 plus Lafter, Orange Ruffels, and to a lesser degree, Queen o’ the Lakes keep most of their leaves throughout the summer. I would rank them (best to not the best) as Follows: Lafter, Orange Ruffels, Pink Princess, Curly Pink, Country Doctor Queen o’ the Lakes. I believe they have the horizontal resistance that most of us are striving for. I have been did some testing with all 6 varieties last year and so far am getting some good germinations with them as parents. In a few months I will be able to tell how they transfer their health. I am going to be combining them with my Buck roses and my hardier Canadian roses to see the degree of improvment I can get.

Thanks for the info. I do not have anything from Brownell yet but planning to probably get a few down the road.