Miniature seeds wanted

Rob,

The branch of QB which I sheered off accidentally has a nice fat green hip so it is fertile, OP I assume though it is close to other roses.

I have not made any intentional crosses with it or any other roses. Still playing with OP’s because my germination success rate is abysmal. I think I keep them too wet since I lose a lot to damping off even though I used pure perlite the last time.

As far as health goes, QB gets some blackspot without spraying but still manages to holds its leaves. As far as bs compared to most Bucks I would say it is middling. Hadn’t seen any on it yet this year, though it is surrounded by OGRs which tend to be very healthy and Applejack which behaves more like an OGR.

Jim

PS-Hope you haven’t had too much damage from Irene; expect her to arrive in a few hours.

expect her to arrive in a few hours.

Jim, where are you? I’m just north of Hartford.

Jim,

Try a liberal layer of dry cocoanut fiber over your covered seeds and slap a lid on the lot.

Neil

Jim,

I will give QB a season or two to see how she does with disease resistance. I’ve limited garden space so I’m getting pretty brutal with my culling. Just shovel pruned Texas. Not one cross took on her and only a few used as pollen parent took. Disease resistance was good up until August when she defoliated and I brought out the shovel. lol Using the same large pot I replaced Texas with Sweet Nothings which did a heck of a lot better this summer. Thank you Kim!

Last night was a bit weird with all the wind and torrential rain. I lost power for 15 hours and there are trees/limbs down and major flooding here on the Delaware River. All in all it wasn’t as bad as Weather Channel was predicting and that’s a great thing. Feel bad for those in NC that got hit the hardest. Hope you all made it through the night ok.

Rob

Don,

I am on Long Island…NY, Huntington. Just moved back from Virginia. Was thinking of taking a spin sometime in September to again see Elizabeth Park. Will the repeats still be blooming then?

Just got electricity back so am checking out the forum.

Electricity was out for 39 hours but it could have been worse. Trees were downed in the area so wires came down.

Glad it is over!

Neil, thanks for the tip; will try it.

Rob, glad you weren’t hit too hard. I understand about ‘tough love.’ I need to cut back on my numbers; want to cut back to the ones that I “can’t live without.”

Jim