This season's progress with yellow seedlings

The only yellow of last winter’s seedlings that has bloomed has been (Golden Artic X OP). It bloomed twice this summer; the flower was single.

The following of last winters crosses that involve yellow have grown at least one foot in height this summer (I consider that these are mature enough to survive the winter):

((Delicata X OP) X Will Alderman) X R-15, One plant.

(tetraploid acicularis X R-15). Five plants.

(unknown rugosa) X R-15. Two plants.

Prairie Harvest X (mixed pollen of (Rugelda X R-15) plus R-15). One plant.

(George Vancouver X John Davis) X (Rugelda X R-15). Two plants.

(Folksinger X Illusion) X R-15. One plant.

((Therese Bugnet X OP) X OP) X R-15. One plant.

The following seedlings are alive but have grown less than one foot (these may not survive the winter - I have sprayed them with gibberellic acid to give them a boost):

((Delicata X OP) X Will Alderman) X R-15, Two plants.

(tetraploid acicularis X R-15). Four plants.

(unknown rugosa) X R-15. Three plants.

Prairie Harvest X (mixed pollen of (Rugelda X R-15) plus R-15). Three plants.

(George Vancouver X John Davis) X (Rugelda X R-15). Two plants.

((Therese Bugnet X OP) X OP) X (Rugelda X R-15). One plant.

Prairie Harvest X R-15. One plant.

This month I have purchased 2 bushes of Carefree Sunshine at end of season sales. I have been removing pollen to refrigerate and apply next spring to my early blooming yellows (R-15 and Rugelda X R-15). I also did some test pollinating on the the Carefree Sunshines just to see what pollen will work.

This summer none of the pollinations that I tried on Rugelda took???

http://home.neo.rr.com/kuska/RugeldaXR-15%20seedling.htm

Link: home.neo.rr.com/kuska/RugeldaXR-15%20seedling.htm

Hey Henry, “(tetraploid acicularis X R-15)” germinated well for me. I almost forgot to report. Most have been of average vigor and just fine. One was extremely vigorous yet prone to mildew. Im guessing from the speedy growth rate. Im guessing 2 years until I can report to you as to what the mature plant health and final blooms look like.

First germination from this batch. Sure hope it lives.

Leverkusen X (Rugelda X R-15). 2 hips pollinated on 6-8-04. 9 seeds. 1 germinated on 4/17/05;