Tesselaar Plants today announced the introduction of a brand

Same here, Joan. I love that “ruffled” petal and wonder what it will look like with other features combined with it. They don’t seem to have caught on well after introduction. The wood I received seemed very similar to Art Nouveau, like a mini flora to largish miniature sized plant.

I’ve been hoping to see the Sweet Spot roses in garden centers this spring, but haven’t here in MN. Have others been able to find them? What are your thoughts and experiences so far with them?

Nothing around here either.

Here Europa they were introduced by Minier as Babylon Eyes series.

I grow Sunshine Babylon Eyes that after a few monthes is quite healthy.

By the way they come under several entries on HMF.

Did you try to buy what you search directly on their website http://www.kordes-rosen.com/ ?

Importing into the US from Europe (and most other countries now) is a very expensive and quite restrictive proposition Andre. No material greater than 10 mm in diameter (including the bud union) may be imported. Inspection fees are rather high, as well as the labor charges required for many point of entry inspections. Add the mileage and labor/time charges for the twice annual site inspections and very few roses are worth the cost and bother.

I asked who is selling these or has been selling them this year, and was told that the distribution had been quite limited, “primarily in the Pacific Northwest with smatterings around the Chicago area south into Cleveland and northwestern PA . . . primarily through Home Depot.” Next year the distribution is expected to be much wider. This late in the season, probably all plants have been sold–or killed by carelessness–but if you want one of these and live in one of those areas and have Home Depot nearby, you might take a look. Or save fuel and time: call to ask.

Peter

Cuttings could be à solution then.

Cuttings are almost the only “solution” unless you are fortunate to find a nursery willing to obtain what you desire, root it and forward the rooted cuttings to you. Successfully propagating the unrooted cuttings under quarantine (grown a minimum of ten feet from anything else in the genus rosa for two years) and keeping them alive would definitely be the issue for many of us. The only space here not within ten feet of something in the genus rosa is 24% down grade, full southern/western sun with no irrigation nor ability to protect against rabbits, squirrels, gophers, etc. It could be done with budded material. It wouldn’t work with any material that immature.