Symposium Section Ornamentals: Crossing Borders

XXV International EUCARPIA Symposium Section Ornamentals: Crossing Borders

See:

Apparently these papers were prepared in advance and are being published to coincide with the symposium which is just getting started?

Does anyone in the RHA have a membership/journal subscription to ISHS Acta Horticulturae? If so then here’s a wishlist from the Proceedings:

MUTATION BREEDING USING GAMMA RAYS TO INCREASE SEED GERMINATION IN ROSA HYBRID. A. Giovannini, V. Scariot, M. Caser, A. Buttafava, A. Mansuino, G.G. Ghione, M. Savona, M.E. Sabatini, D. Carbonera, A. Balestrazzi

TARGETED MUTAGENESIS OF MLO-HOMOLOGOUS GENES IN THE ROSE GENOME. J. Geike, H. Kaufmann, F. Schürmann, T. Debener

ROSE GENOMICS: CHALLENGES AND PERSPECTIVES. O. Raymond, J. Just, A. Dubois, P. Vergne, J. Szecsi, M. Bendahmane

MOLECULAR CYTOGENETICS IN THE GENUS ROSA: CURRENT STATUS AND FUTURE PERSPECTIVES. I.V. Kirov, L.I. Khrustaleva, K. Van Laere, N. Van Roy

This last one is interesting in that it’s a philosophical throwback to the early 20th century when the state of the art was light microscopy so everybody studied chromosomes (and learned, for instance, about the odd meiosis of the canina). I think its a great idea to revisit the subject using 21st century tools.