'Sweet Chariot' has thrown only non-repeaters...

There are no records of anything raised from it, but Vineyard Song is the same cross as Sweet Chariot. If it’s available where you are, you might find it interesting to play with. Kim

Come to think of it, its not just the climate here that induced such extra vigor on SC…thinking back, the specimen I had was also budded which I am suspicious gave it unnecessary vigor as well…quite unnecessary IMO.

“There are no records of anything raised from it, but Vineyard Song is the same cross as Sweet Chariot.”

None yet. :wink:

One of my side-projects is to cross Sweet Chariot with some of the Gamble winners to see if I can boost scent production while breaking out of the HT/floribunda mold. I’ve also crossed it with Ballerina to try to add the musk notes of the ionones. I’m glad you mentioned Vineyard Song which I’ll add to my wish list.

Let me offer one wee bit of info: although ‘Vineyard Song’ is basically just a cool pink, you can get strong colors out of it when combined with the right thing. Fragrance often comes along for the ride as well. I think VS is worth further exploration in breeding.

Thanks, Paul. I KNEW if anyone noticed VS, it would be you! I can’t wait to see what it does in your hands. You’ve created some pretty wonderful things. I know Ralph is sitting up there chuckling, knodding his head, “YES!”. You’ve done him proud.

I’d think there would be enough multiflora in both of them without having to reinforce their horrid prickles with Ballerina. Honestly, I’ve come to the point where if the rose has either Ballerina or The Fairy in it, I pass. Kim

Another rose we don’t have here :frowning: … BUT… have a few hips forming this with Violette roses that will throw something similar :slight_smile:

I raised a nice magenta poly from Sweet Chariot x Margot Koster. I gave away one specimen of it, then lost mine.

As I recall, I got a red from Sweet Chariot x Comtesse du Cayla, also lost.

Someday I’ll try again.

Link: www.bulbnrose.org/Roses/Rose_Pictures/C/cody.html