Roses Rarities - Europa - Rosarium Sangerhausen

I do not want to miss to give a short note for our European rose breeders.
Maybe there is something for you.

Enclosed you will find the PDF of the new list of some possible rare wanted roses of the Europa-Rosarium Sangerhausen:

The accompanying text and terms and conditions are taken from the Rosarium Sangerhausen wep page and translated in english language.Rosenraritäten - Europa-Rosarium Sangerhausen

Dear friends of roses,
We would like to organise the “Sangerhausen Rose Rarities” campaign again next year.

To maintain our range of roses, numerous roses have to be re-grafted and replanted every year. After this work, very small numbers of rose rarities often remain. These are roses that are often difficult to find in the trade. We know that there are some lovers and collectors of such rarities among rose lovers.
This year we can again offer you a small number of roses. The plants are exclusively bare-root plants.

Dear rose lovers, the preservation of the rose assortment in the Europa-Rosarium is an absolute priority in our daily work. A basic prerequisite for this is, of course, the correct verification of the collection’s components. Naturally, depending on the respective level of knowledge, changes are sometimes possible and necessary. In individual cases, it also happens that roses are not labelled correctly during grafting or planting work. We would therefore like to ask you to inform us of any rare cases of discrepancies in the labelling of roses. Thank you for your valuable help! Please also note that these are often very sensitive roses whose growth success is not always comparable to that of more robust roses. For this reason, regular propagation of these assortments is necessary to maintain the stock in Sangerhausen.

With regard to the rose orders, we will fall back on our tried and tested procedure: The roses will be dispatched directly from Sangerhausen. If you are interested in certain roses, please let us know by e-mail (europa.rosarium@stadt.sangerhausen.de) or by telephone (03464/565440) by the 7th week of 2023 (week of 12-18 February 2024). Due to the limited quantities of the respective varieties in stock, those interested parties who have ordered first will receive the roses. Once the roses have been checked for winter stock, you will receive a message regarding the availability of the plants and the corresponding account details for the bank transfer. Depending on the weather, this can probably be realised between the end of February and mid-March. Each rose costs €18, packaging and shipping within Germany is €10.00 (larger orders and abroad individually) and will be realised from frost-free spring (March).

I would like to thank you for your commitment to the preservation of rare roses and wish you all the best, especially good health, for the forthcoming festive season,

With best regards

Thomas Hawel
Director Europa-Rosarium

3 Likes

Wow!
This is fantastic, thank you so much for sharing, @Roseus !

1 Like

M.S is this where we ordered lost year? Johannes

Johannes, we ordered from Rosenposten in Denmark.

BRILLIANT!! But as I am Canadian, I would imagine the logistics of import anywhere beyond the European Union is prohibitive?

We made a group order to share the cost of shipping. Roses were bare root and budded on laxa. It worked out to $55 CAD each at the time.
Likely it will cost considerbly more now. Probably the import regulations have changed too. Feel free to message me if you want more information.

Hi @Roseus ,
Just wanted to thank you again for sharing this, I never would have known about it without your post. My roses arrived today and I’m overjoyed!
I had sent a wishlist of four roses and luckily for me two of them were available : Ombretta and Tom Barr .
I hope they will be happy here!

2 Likes

Hi SeasideRooftop! Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I feel happy that at least two of the roses you requested were still available and arrived safely. For the coming season I wish you much joy and success with the promising newcomers.

1 Like