R. abyssinica...

I finally got one to root. It came from Santa Clara University where I just got accepted for next semester… It is the same exact one that fathered Dr. Basye’s Amphiploid. I’m going to work with as a seed parent it until it becomes too big to handle. I have intresting ideas about crossing it with R. foliolosa and other diploid roses, in hopes that I could remake what Kordes and Basye had in the past…

Congratulations on getting it to root! Do you know how it originally came to Santa Clara University? I wonder if it was brought by Fr. Schoener when he moved there in the late 1930s.

I hoping that during school, I could find out. I know a janitor told me that a lot of nuns and priests documented a lot of the school history, so perhaps I can get luck enough to find the right person…

Congradulations Enrique for being accepted at Santa Clara University! What are you going to be majoring in?

Enrique,

Congratulations on your acceptance! I’m sure those Jesuits will waste no time on giving you a high-class education (I should know - I went to school at Bellarmine, just down the road). Good luck with school and with abyssinica.

Mike