Parentage of Vanilla Perfume

Hello,

Does anyone have the parentage of Vanilla Perfume available? I can’t find it anywhere and I could have sworn that I saw it some where posted. Thanks,

Enrique

Anne Morrow Lindbergh X seedling

Thanks Jim, that’s was extreamly helpful. Yesterday I was on the Helpmefind.com rose search, and tried to decipher what did “wotte” stood for in “JACwotte”. So I searced all the roses that had “w” in its name by William A. Warriner or Dr. Keith W. Zary, since the both worked together. Intresting enought I did write Anne Morrow Lindbergh as possible parent, and also Colette. Thanks,

Warriner’s hybrid tea Colette was registered in 1990, nine years before Vanilla Perfume, so you’d think J&P would register Vanilla Perfume’s parents as Anne Morrow Lindbergh X Colette, if Colette was the pollen parent. Maybe J&P was trying to avoid confusion with the other Colettes. According Modern Roses XI, Meilland registered two roses by the name of Colette in 1996, a hybrid tea and a climber. There is clearly something seriously wrong with the way rose name registrations are being done.

Will we see you in San Jose, Enrique?

I will attend the Rose Show and then go on the shuttle bus to the Rose Gardens. I do not have the liberty at this time to spend as much money on myself as it use to be, but at least I ought to meet a few of you and have enough time to say hello. I wonder if we can group together and have a picnic or dinner, or something like that. God, I’m going to die of allergies. I’m pretty sure. This is my greatest irony-- what’s that expression… Water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink. And no medication doesn’t work for me. The best time for me to go is Autumn, when the best floral display finishes. Sad, isn’t it? Maybe I get lucky as I noticed that my allergies have been going away every year. Hopefully it won’t be that bad. Oh well. See you all soon.