Joycie

I’m just passing along a message I saw on another forum (Rosarian’s Corner) from Kathy Schimschock.

I joined this forum to let Rosarian’s know that my mother-in-law, Joyce Schimschock, recently died in April. She was the Administrative Assistant at the American Rose Society until her retirement in 1987. She had many friends from the ARS and made many more at the ARS Conventions throughout the country. Ralph Moore hybridized a mini he nameed “Joycie” for her upon her retirement. My hope is to reach those who knew her.

Sincerely,

Kathy Schimschock

Hi Kathy, I’m sorry for your loss. Kim

I didn’t know the history of that rose’s name, but I can’t think of a better Joyce to name it after. I used to correspond with Joyce about roses I’d sent to the ARC trial gardens, and other matters. I could count on a quick response when I wrote to her. She was a friend to many, and I can’t think of a better tribute than that given by Ralph Moore.

Peter

Link: www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.3538

Joycie is a very popular breeder on here! I keep meaning to try it out for myself since I’ve heard such wonderful things. Actually Paul Barden’s Joycie x Crepuscule cross has always been something I’ve always liked a lot…Joycie always seems to produce things of such wonderful color!

I’m very sad and sorry to hear this workhorse of a rose’s namesake has passed. Please have my condolences, I’m sorry for you loss and I hope it’s comforting that across the country she still lives on in some way or another in the form of her namesake rose. To have such an honor is amazing.

• Max