Ispahan?

Bregingew, it is difficult to answer this question with certainty, but I think it is likely. I see little reason for doubt at the moment. Depending on conditions like warm days and cold nights, ‘Ispahan’ also has sometimes mildew here, but the infestation is mostly temporary and finally it disappears completely. In my opinion, this is therefore not a criterion for exclusion.
Unfortunately, a rejuvenating pruning last year and the struggling with the onset of winter with night frosts for many-many days inhibit the undisturbed development of nature so far. As a result, the growing behavior of the entire vegetation has come to an abrupt halt. Nevertheless, I have tried to capture the growth and leaf character of ‘Ispahan’ at the actual stage. Perhaps the enclosed shots and the link with further close-ups can give you a little more view for comparison. As soon as the flowers are open, we can compare them with each other.

Upon closer inspection, it also appears that the flower buds are too glandular to be ‘Ispahan’.

For what it’s worth, we are also in the middle of mildew-inducing weather at the moment, and my ‘Ispahan’ is still as clean as a whistle.

1 Like

Well this is obviously not ispahan, i am not sure what it is. I got it from high country roses and their old rose selection is limited. Im gonna do some more sleuthing

It helps to know that it came from High Country. Based on that, I would maybe suggest ‘Orpheline de Juillet’.

Stefan

I agree with that assessment, seems to be the only match