How big an eye?

…sans the Mermaid PRICKERS !!

Even though I try to avoid prickles these days, I don’t know how impressive Mermaid would be without them.

Really?

Yes. Mermaid is “bigger than life” and legendary. Its vigor, “wild look”, amazing health in these parts, manic flowering, gauge of wood, foliage and prickles all contribute to her charm. Everything about her attracts me.

lol… what did they put in the birthday cake yesterday !

(ok kidding )

:stuck_out_tongue:

Well, due to their keeping themselves chronically over committed, over scheduled, and there being a twenty mile distance between us of some of the worst commuter traffic in SoCal, I haven’t seen them for any birthday celebration. Add her getting over pneumonia; changing jobs; house remodling due to a kitchen fire and finding asbestos in the house, being put up in a hotel by insurance, etc., I’m sure the “cake” contained much Bahama Mama.

btw, Eyeconic Lemonade smelled like Sunflare, White Lightnin’, and Intrique do.

Speaking of scent…dried anthers of both Eyes for You and Blue for You smell heavily of slightly over ripe, very fragrant apples. Both have sweetly scented blooms but the strong, rich, over ripe apple scent definitely comes from the stamen and anthers/pollen. Eyes for You is significantly stronger scented than Blue for You. Hey! How about one which smells like a stinky cheese? We could call it “Bleu for You”! Or, cross it with Iceberg so faded flowers would be “Blew for You”?

YUK !

:O)

Don’t get me wrong, OF COURSE I can see how a BIG blotch placed on a big single yellow bloom mass produced could definitely look kewl.

I don’t know what the quality of the foliage will turn out to be, but I used pollen I collected from Eyes for You on Sunburn just a little while ago. I’ve been reserving Sunburn for Banksiae lutescens and 1-72-1Hugonis, but they’re both finished.

Nice Kim, good luck!

I added E4U pollen onto the tiniest plant of Jubilee Celebration and got this big fat hip… it looks ridiculously large I have no idea how such a lil rose plant can support it, but there ya go !!

its…still green but about to turn color THANK GOODNESS FINNALLLLLYYY …hoping to get some single / semi double with a HUGE blotch plus yellow… wishful thinking I know, I ALWAYS ASK FOR A LOT !

Thanks, George! It’ll be interesting to see what an English-Hulthemia looks like (as opposed to a BRITISH Hulthemia!)

… yeah, as long as we can SEE that blotch, and there are not too many petals to obscure it in the bloom centre.

I am sure Jim S has already bounced that idea around (english style + hulthemia), somewhere on his wonderful blog.