Gibberellic Acid Question

Does anyone have personal experience using Gibberellic acid to enhance the germination of rose seeds after stratification?

I first used Gibberellic acid in a botany class in 1959 on seedlings of various plants from Australia. I remember the elongation of the cells that it caused.

I’m harvesting my rose hips now and would like to hear some firsthand experience others have had with enhancement of germination using Gibberellic acid.

All I’m needing is a yes or no answer whether you think it was worthwhile.

Sorry, yes, no, and maybe is the best that I can offer.

[quote=“JohnJel”]Does anyone have personal experience using Gibberellic acid to enhance the germination of rose seeds after stratification?

I first used Gibberellic acid in a botany class in 1959 on seedlings of various plants from Australia. I remember the elongation of the cells that it caused.

I’m harvesting my rose hips now and would like to hear some firsthand experience others have had with enhancement of germination using Gibberellic acid.[/quote]

Try it on some seeds you don’t care a lot about.

Peter

It appears that you may find it useful to add a Brassinosteroid along with the gibberellic acid, see:

See the Brassinosteroide section in the following:

John,

Have you read this?

It may answer some of your questions. In addition, quite a few experiments with GA have been reported in the RHA Newsletter over the years. I remember on as recently as the Fall 2010 issue.

Peter