First Selections

That’s the part that really hurts. You only keep the two or three which are really what you were after. The rest become “mulch”.

First of all I’m going to upgrade. Those full grown seedlings that use to be okay now don’t hold a candle to last and this years results.

Neil

Neil,

I believe that is part of the learning process–also, it kind of shows you what an effort was made to create great blooms at the expense of great bushes. It is so much like so many corporate efforts-give people what they want (what sells) and think of the short term results (sales) instead of what is good for the public and the planet-healthy, long term shrubs.

I really like the bloom in the second photo (out of the new ones) the rose in the second row second from the right (pinkish peach color. very cute :slight_smile:

I thought I had too many seedlings. It is a nice pallet of colors you got there.

Thanks Adam,

I had a delay of 12 weeks in sowing a lot of crosses which are yet to bloom but it’s a joy to see the same ones sticking out like a beacon in a sea of mildew.

Neil