Experience with any of these? (Multiflora derived, presumably)

I’ve recently found locally on clearance:

• Brise Parfum / Perfume Breeze (which I saw extolled on a French site – although they protested that the name sounded more like a deodorizer spray than a rose) and I wondered if it offered potential as a breeder… I have also coveted for some time:
  • Lyda Rose, of which I have only heard stellar things and which seems to offer some potential – all the more if one can deepen the color in progeny… And finally, I have been intrigued by:
    -Pookah which seems to be a rose that tenaciously holds its blooms, arguably a little too long, and might make for an antidote to some that shatter a little too quickly.

Anybody have experience with these?

(BTW, same nursery at top of post was offering a rose they called “Pink Miracle” which I am assuming might have been a sport of Miracle on the Hudson, having single electric pink blooms. I have found no info on a rose by that name…)

DSCN4035.JPG
DSCN4035.JPG
Pookah’s pollen was rather nice on April Mooncrest.
DSCN4723.JPG
DSCN4888.JPG

Kim, wazzat? Oh, maybe I see…April Mooncrest x Pookah ?

Yes sir, (April Moon X Morcrest) X Pookah, or April Mooncrest X Pookah. When it begins getting cold, the foliage colors like a bronze Beech!
apmc x pookah (9).JPG
apmc x pookah (9).JPG
DSCN5925.JPG
apmc x pookah (3).JPG
DSCN5917.JPG
apmc x pookah (11).JPG
April Mooncrest
april mooncrest (1).JPG
April Mooncrest X Pookah
apmc x pookah (19).JPG

Thanks for the input! Kim, that is a very nice looking plant – reminds me a little bit of my recollection of some Poulsen Courtyard roses. I knew you were working with Pookah. Does it impart a tenaciously lasting spray of blooms to its progeny?

I am most interested in acquiring Lyda Rose and working with it. Anyone have experience with it? (A good source for it? I gather it isn’t patented?)

In my experience OP seeds germinated quite easily. Attached is my only retained seedling.
Stephen
Lyda Rose seedling (2).JPG

Thanks, Stephen. That’s a pretty charming little plant. I’m rather surprised at the yellow tones from that cross! Do you think that’s from Lyda’s background, or the Fourth’s?
Kim, your seedling has been growing on me. I admit that the browner bronze foliage tones generally don’t appeal to me the same way the redder ones do, but I rather like that plant.

Thanks, Philip. That is the winter foliage, when temps and light are sufficient. It might be something worth crossing with the other red foliaged roses you’ve written me about?

…Of which I actually have none at the moment, save Old Gay Hill and Pink Pet, both of which have their own issues. (None of the glauca descendents of yesteryear are still kicking. They hated it at my prior house.) I’ve moved on from that one, as I’ve realized at this juncture that it’s not like I need yet another goal to add to my tiny garden! Thanks! LOL! (Okay, I will confess that I was sort of seeking out Moore’s soulieana for that reason, wondering how much it contributed to MORsoucrest’s purple foliage in the fall… However, I’m not convinced that it actually has that much R. soulieana in it after comparing photos of it to photos of the species, and I don’t recall why I presumed the purple foliage comes from the synstyllae side of that cross…) Focus, Philip. Focus…

No doubt next week I will have new goals for next year, and that one might now work its way back into the program. I have all the attention span of a gnat.

If you change your mind on Ralph’s Soulieana, I sent pieces to Restoration Roses, Jonathan Windham at Clemson and someone else, whose name escapes me.

Thank you, Kim. Jonathan was kind enough to photograph and share some photos of his plant, and I’m pretty convinced that Ralph’s is not a true soulieana based on those images and comparing them to descriptions and photos of the species. Having said that, yes, I’m still interested in that one. MORsoucrest wasn’t without disease, but in view of its other parent, it performed very admirably, and I grew quite fond of the plant. I feel that Ralph’s Soulieana could offer a good deal of potential. Forgive me my precocious senility – no doubt you have told me – but I assume you worked with it too a good bit?

In view of my limitations – time and realty wise – I feel like my best successes would likely come of working with plants that others aren’t already milking for all they are worth, and this one intrigues too.

No, Philip, I obtained Ralph’s Soulieana to get it spread around to those who wanted to use it and to insure it wasn’t lost. I don’t need ANOTHER ghost to chase!