Artificial Pollination!!!! URGENT HELP REQUIRED

To whom it may concern,

I desperately need any infomation on artificial pollination, I most desperatelty need an example of a plant that has been articficial pollinated. As the infomation that I have found is useless, absouletly useless!!!

Please if any one can assit me reply!!!

Thanks for your time

Julia

Julia,

By artificial pollination I’m assuming you mean by human, as opposed to animal, insect or wind. So…did you need pictures/examples of the process? or pictures/examples of some plants that have been produced by the process? I don’t think I’ve got any good pictures of the process (in roses), but lots of pictures of actual rose plants resulting from human pollination (my own hand actually). I also have a roll of film ready to get developed with pictures of violet flowers being prepared for hand pollination, if that might be useful to you. Below is the link for my homepage. In the photogallery section are pictures of roses produced from controlled hand pollination. Any of the roses with an “X” in between two names, is from one of my crosses. I’ll see if I can find something that illustrates the steps in a controlled cross. Hope this helps. Tom

Link: www.geocities.com/tesilvers/

Does this help?:

http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/main_july2002.html

and

http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/mini.breeding.html

Paul

Julia, virtually every modern hybrid rose is the result of artificial pollination. For example, ‘Double Delight’ was the result of artificially pollinating ‘Granada’ with pollen from ‘Garden Party’. After ‘Granada’ was pollinated, it developed seeds, the seeds were grown into rose plants, and one of plants was eventually named ‘Double Delight’.

The following link has good pictures:

Link: www.scvrs.homestead.com/HybridizeKB1.html

Thank you to all those for replying. You are lifesavers.

I showed my bio teacher an she was impressed. But I still have to much more to go to my assignment is completed.

So if you still have any replies to my orginal message please feel free to reply again!!!

Thanks Again

Julia

Julia,

Can you be more specific about what information you require? Asking specific questions will prompt more thorough responses.

Paul