Winter 2008 Newsletter--Call for articles, notes, questions,

Please send me your articles, notes, questions, and short autobiographical sketches for the Winter 2008 issue of the RHA Newsletter.

If you have already written stuff to send in, please send that now. And if you haven’t written anything yet, go ahead and write something so you can share your experience(s) with others and we can all learn from each other.

The announced symposium topics for the winter Newsletter:

Beginner’s Luck.

Anything that might be useful to a beginner, or anyone, is fair game for this topic. Suggestions for anything that improves record-keeping, speed of growth or germination, or anything else of these sorts are most welcome.

The Most Fertile Parents.

These may be of any class of roses–HT, Grandiflora, Floribunda, Miniature, Shrub, etc. What you say may be based on personal experience or on research into the varieties which seem to be good mothers or good fathers, or both.

And if you have been somewhere, perhaps to a large commercial rose nursery or greenhouse, or you’ve attended a meeting and learned something interesting about roses or rose people, tell us about it.

Please get your articles, notes, questions, bios, etc. to me as soon as possible. In the Fall Newsletter I requested that materials be in by December 15, but if you go a day or a few days past that time I will probably be able to include your work in the coming issue. I would like to get the issue to the printer before holiday schedules get in the way.

Peter