Speed of embryo extraction

In England they have used Garotta, a commercial, bacterial culture of compost activator, to speed germination.

I think achenes are too small and tough to be affected by pressure changes on anything slower than millisecond time scales. Very large pressure changes over very short times are used to rupture bacteria, but are not very effective with yeast that has a tougher cell wall. We’re talking a change of 2000 psi in a fraction of a second.

I seen the Garotta talk but it’s not quite what i’m aiming for. These particular seeds all fail to germinate, real thick achenes so i’d like to extract the seeds.

The vac. is a no go then for sure.

Even these particular seeds are not all that important, I can take it or leave it, but it beats 58,000 games of solitaire.

Henry’s sugar article, the stump eating microbes, and Jackie’s comments on microbes; maybe put one hip worth of seeds next to a rotting tree stump and lase with sugar. No comment necessary.

So a couple hundred seeds are going in a tumbler this weekend and if the shells get paper thin so much the better but it will probably take weeks. Thanks Larry

Force is obviously not the answer. I recommend talking to the seeds. If that does not work, singing really badly may get the embryos to pop out in order to run as fast as a plant possibly could. Personally, I have found that ignoring seeds is the best solution. I guess roses like the cold shoulder.

I can ignore them even before they get to be seeds.

The throw away seeds are from a yellow climber that I call a three day wonder (the replacement is waiting). All the rest of the seeds are going into another tumbler to be shinned up and peddled to a bead vendor. Undoubtedly someone will expound on the esoteric benefit of a rose seed necklace. ???