Q: on Private Messaging

Dunno if this is the place to inquire, but my Private Message center doesn’t seem to have archives of all sent PM’s. If it isn’t saved, should I assume it might not have been sent? Or does it not automatically save copies of sent messages?

Thanks

You need to klick the little box that says save. Neil

Oh… Duh.

Thanks. Apparently I have on rare occasion actually done so. (…Wish there was a permanent setting for that and for adding signatures…)

Don’t worry, be happy, things happen. Neil

Another thing I’ve noticed is that there is no way to get to one’s inbox for PM’s in this ‘Ruby’ layout. I have to click on a random person’s name, click on “Send PM”, and then click on the inbox over in the left-hand sidebar.

I’m not having those issues, but my server recently switched from California Suite Security to MacAfee and it appears something else changed on Phorum 5. Until last week, I could remain logged in for weeks. Now, it shows I’m logged in, but to access my inbox or post anything, if I’ve been off the forum for half an hour or longer, I have to log back in and it frustrates me. I want what I want when I WANT IT! LOL

Mine always logs me out, so I keep it on autocomplete.

It didn’t log me out until recently and I do NOT like it.

I dont either, but I dont know how to fix it, so I did the next best thing.

Mine always has logged me out since day one. Since I don’t post so much it was not a problem for me and if I wanted to post, then I logged myself in.

SOMETHING happened over the weekend. Not only did I find my desktop icons all neatly lined up which meant I again had to pull my 3 or 4 most used out of the pile such as this website and my emails BUT when I clicked on my RHA forum icon, the red new posts did not show up which they always did. Now, to show the new posts in red, I have to first log in. This I do find a pain. I don’t know if something got changed on my computer or something got changed on the forum. Now when I come on to read, I have to check the top posts and see who the last poster of a thread is and if that rings a bell in my increasingly forgetful brain. I need help! = : 0 (

Mine always has logged me out since day one. Since I don’t post so much it was not a problem for me and if I wanted to post, then I logged myself in.

SOMETHING happened over the weekend. Not only did I find my desktop icons all neatly lined up which meant I again had to pull my 3 or 4 most used out of the pile such as this website and my emails BUT when I clicked on my RHA forum icon, the red new posts did not show up which they always did. Now, to show the new posts in red, I have to first log in. This I do find a pain. I don’t know if something got changed on my computer or something got changed on the forum. Now when I come on to read, I have to check the top posts and see who the last poster of a thread is and if that rings a bell in my increasingly forgetful brain. I need help! = : 0 (

I’m a slow typer, by the time I get done and post the time is up, so it never shows up. Short posts only works for me. Neil

Jim, go to your Control Center, then Forum Settings and make sure your template is set to Default. It should bring back your red new message settings.