On striped roses...

I can’t recall seeing purple or lavender. That might be nice color to put over a deep yellow … hoping for tan and brown shades.

Meanwhile, I’ve been reading up on the different types of striping. Some involve transpons, others do not. There certainly are different styles of stripe. In come case, the dominant color is rarely interrupted by pale sectors, but dark lines are common in the pale zones. ‘Papageno’ is one of these.

and ‘Pinstripe’.

Others are the reverse, but I can’t find the picture I have in mind.
Then there are some oddities that don’t fit either pattern, such as
‘Candy Cane’

and ‘Legacy of Tomeso Kawamoto’

There is white/lavender stripes. Might be hard to do white/yellow without any red pigment, but maybe gold/white is possible if pelargonidin is present in the yellow.

Stripes derived from bicolors vs reverse bicolors tend to have different expression.

Frida Kahlo is a good example why phototropic blends should be avoided. They become mostly solid with age. I actually really like this effect, but I have seen enough criticism of that trait.

Tata Centenary, the striped sport of Pigalle, is reportedly dark purple with yellow stripes, streaks and flecks, though the sole photo on HMF and all of them I’ve encountered on Facebook show it as anything BUT “dark purple”. 'Tata Centenary' Rose Photo