Modern Roses XI Database

Has the little access database that comes with Modern Roses XI been revised reciently? I bought MR XI 2 years ago and it came with a little database. Is that database being actively revised?

Its not a prime example of database design and I am trying to extract the data and put it in a more useable form but may not have the patients to extract all the different values and put them in a more normalized form. Has anyone mucked with it a little bit?

I dont have any problem extracting the data, it just the form that the data is in. Suppose I want to extract weather a rose is remontant or not. The only field I can find that might be used for that is Bloomfreq from the MR11Base table. The problem is that is crammed with values like these:

ABUNDANT EARLY BLOOM, NOT RECURRENT

ABUNDANT EARLY BLOOM, THEN SPORADIC

ABUNDANT NON-RECURRENT BLOOM

ABUNDANT SEASONAL BLOOM

ABUNDANT, CONTINUOUS BLOOM

ABUNDANT, INTERMITTENT BLOOM

ABUNDANT, NON-RECURRENT BLOOM

ABUNDANT, RECURRENT BLOOM

ABUNDANT, REPEAT BLOOM

ABUNDANT,CONTINUOUS BLOOM

ALL SUMMER BLOOM

ALL-SUMMER BLOOM

ALMOST CONTINUOUS BLOOM IN GLASSHOUSE

ALMOST EVERBLOOMING

BELOW-AVERAGE BLOOM CONTINUITY

BLOOM OFTEN RECURRENT

I can certainly understand by reading each one weather its recurrent or not but its a little more complicated to write software routine to do so. There are around 220 distinct bloomfreq values and I could certainly build a table that maps a recurrence value to each bloomfreq value but thats a pain and I am hoping that someone has done something like this already.

-Steve

I guess I should have looked a little harder, I can split recurrence out of the RNRS field in the MR11VType table.

I am still curious if anyone has messed with this database and made it a little more useable.