Looking for pollens

One of my main goals is to create a yellow moyesii hybrid. Next year there will hopefully be enough moyesii blooms that I can experiment with a greater variety of ‘yellow’ pollen donors than I have in my own menagerie. To that end, I am looking for pollens of the following roses and would be grateful to hear from anyone who might be able to send me some for freezing (the moyesii’s bloom very early):

Ami Quinard

Annabelle

Arthur Bell

Austrian Copper (R. foetida bicolor)

Baby Ch

What’s early for you Don? We naturally get very early flowering in my climate.

Freezing might not be necessary. If you check with me next season I might have something you can use.

I can do Arthur Bell, Soeur Therese, Floradora and (heaven forbid) Soleil d’Or. I say “heaven forbid” because I tried some experiments with Soleil d’Or a couple of years ago and the results were uniformly dreadful. Breeders must have gone through thousands of seedlings to find any barely acceptable ones to push this line forward. I’d suggest staying away from it.

What’s early for you Don? We naturally get very early flowering in my climate.

My season starts about May 15 with the moyesii’s and pteracantha’s being the first to blossom.

Breeders must have gone through thousands of seedlings to find any barely acceptable ones to push this line forward. I’d suggest staying away from it.

My preference is not to go there as you can see from the list of pollens I’m after. However, there may be no alternative and I’m too old to delay trying so I would indeed like some pollen of Soleil d’Or.

Thank you both for offering.

May 15th. is actually late in the season for me. It’s too late for me to hybridize here but I should have pollen to offer.