In seach of Lynnie

I moved last Summer and left Lynnie behind thinking I would not use it again but now feel I really would like to use it because its grandchildren which germinated this year are looking very promising. The new homeowners have gotten rid of Lynnie (naturally) and I can’t seem to find one anywhere. Ashdown has been out of Lynnie for quite a while now and I am on the waiting list but that could take forever. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Patrick

I would wait for ashdown…

or maybe email Kim. (It doesn’t hurt to ask.)

From the Pacific Southwest District of the ARS at

www.pswdistrict.org/text/articles/rupert1.html

“Lynnie is being tested at Rose Hills and is under trial with Peter Beales in Great Britain.”

So maybe it will not be available commercially until these trials are done. That site has a very nice write up about Kim Rupert the hybridizer.

Link: www.pswdistrict.org/text/articles/rupert1.html

Thanks for the info. I decided to get Carlin’s Rhythm to replace Lynnie for now and see how it does. Not sure if its even fertile but will try.

Patrick

Carlin’s Rhythm is fertile.

If you’re still interested in Lynnie, we’ll be offering it this season through Ashdown West, and I have plants ready for shipping. We’ll be announcing our first real season of rose offerings within the next week or two, so if you’re interested, let me know before the announcement goes out.

Cliff