Having snared an old moss, Flamingo ponders his next move.

Paul, I’ll take you up on that offer too if you have enough.

BTW thanks for the J 5 pollen. I went out and put it on everything I had and found some more in the neighbor’s yard too.

You’re absolutely right, Paul. MORqueencrest can be a real horror many places. I expected the plant to be a turkey here due to no winter chill and increased humidity, but the foliage is clean and it IS growing. No flowers (as expected) but there are canes and leaves. It performed similarly plant-wise in Newhall but it flowered there and it was arid enough for them to open. If you think it’s honestly that worthless, perhaps I should shovel prune and release the spot for something else? Heaven knows, there ARE too many waiting for ground space! I maintained it because it IS a first generation offspring of Crested Moss (itself a real horror in my experience!), so I hoped something might come from it. Crested Jewel is likely the best of that series. Crested Sweetheart was a tremendous garden rose in Newhall.

I think you’re right about Fakir’s Delight being something worthwhile working with. I LOVE how you can handled huge, thick canes without blood loss. That was what triggered the suggestion for that name. Ralph HATED the name, but he used it!