Does anyone know anything re:

I have both Pink and Peach Drift in the Perennial garden, which loves to go wild on me. Both of them have to fight to keep above all the fast growing weedy flowering stuff. They fit in well. Peach drift has a showy apricot with a yellow highlight, aging more to a pinky peach. It really puts out large sprays of flowers. Where it got a little mildew was in almost pure shade. I don’t hold that against it. The pink Drift has never mildewed and it started out in the shade also–Summer short day sun, winter total shade. So I moved them to a southeast location. They set a lot of hips in the shady area, but both are starting to set some again. Pink Drift holds unto its’ petals longer than the Peach. It does start out with a lemony yellow center, but where it is now that lasts about a day. Over all it is a very refreshing pink. Does not spot or blu as it ages. That is what I don’t like about Good n’Plenty–looks a little dirty as it ages, but it does drop its’ petals cleanly.

I am not familiar with Sweet Drift–is it new? The White Drift, Ivory, Peach, Pink and Red are what I have used in this line. The White seems to be incredibly disease tolerant but really resembles a small wild rose-not always to the liking of the client, even if they are beyond Hybrid Teas. Have not used the Coral just because it so closely resembles Electric Blanket, and that one is not exactly broken so why replace it? Red Drift is really, really small.

Sweet Drift is very double, baby pink and delicate looking.

I hope this link works:

http://www.conard-pyle.com/_ccLib/image/plants/PDF-968.pdf

Yeah, I used to own White Drift. It is basically Rosa wichurana nana that repeats after it actually starts to bloom in July. It blooms one month later than everything else – something that it has in common with

I see that looking for the link for you that Star Roses has their 2011 catalog out. So far, I see 3 new Radler roses that are HT-ish in the Knock Out plant style. I still personally think that Double Red Knock Out is his best so far. Its the only one, in my personal opinion, that successfully combines both aesthetic appeal and health togehter. I also see a rose called Icy Drift that looks like Sweet Drift in white and Fairy Meidiland. It looks like Bonica on steroids from the pic.

However, I find this new intro absolutely hilarious:

http://www.conard-pyle.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=srplants.plantDetail&plant_id=1482

rofl… and I thought Golden Showers was an awful name, lol.

In relation to the topic, my Fire Meidiland already has blackspot. I figured it would. It seems common for any close relation to Seafoam, Red Max Graf or Red Meidiland to get it =/ So much for a nice red ground cover rose… I was hoping to breed it into my red floribundas to increase hardiness, own-root ability an branching =/

btw, its nice to see another landscape fan here :slight_smile:

The 2011 catalog states the following:

"The series is composed of 7 varieties

I meant to say, “something that it has in common with… Spring Fever.”

RE ‘Good n Plenty’ (great name…NOT) from the National Rose Trial Garden of Austalia website:

"Bed No. 125

Award: Silver Medal

Trophy: The

Simon,

I’m not sure why you say"Good n Plenty’ (great name…NOT)" but check out the link below for the origin of its’ name ( I think, or assume) Any red blooded American kid growing up in the 50’s or 60’s should know this name. I also assume it is maybe a play on a licorice scent?? I have not checked, but will do so soon. As for the flowers, they’re good and plenty of them.

Link: Hersheyland | Explore Hershey Products, Recipes, Crafts & More

Im sure the rose tastes better than the candy =/ I’m up for Hot Tamales tho >:)

I just don’t like the name… as a red blooded Aussie kid growing up in the 70’s… now if they called it 'Happy

Little Vegemite’, or ‘Weetbix Kid’ for release here in Australia maybe I would feel more patriotic about it . It just doesn’t work here.

I think this is the reason roses are so often re-named for multiple markets.