Buck's R. fedtschenkoana x R. laxa (Retzius) hybrids

Enrique,

Rosa moschata is relatively hardy for me in Maryland (Zone6/Zone7). It makes it through most winters with only partial kill of the top-growth; similar to some Chinas grown here. Rosa bracteata, in comparison, usually dies back, almost to the ground. Only rarely, does it make it through the winter with most of its branches intact.

Happy New Year everyone!

Robert & Paul, are you talking about Kim? I think he mentioned using Orangeade in a conversation we had maybe a year ago online. That hybrid with the purplish leaves does sound interesting.

Speaking of R. moschata, has anyone given Austin’s ‘Mistress Quickly’ a go? It is Blush Noisette x Martin Frobisher. The genetics are pretty interesting since Blush Noisette is basically R. chinensis x R. moschata and Martin Frobisher, obviously part rugosa, also supposedly has R. beggeriana in its background.

Mike

Hi Mike, yes, talking about Kim but I don’t like to speak for other people’s work specifically without their permission. Actually Kim agreed to do a posting but lost it at the last moment. Perhaps he’ll make another stab at it. Thanks, Robert