Blooms

Yeah, I always did find real gambling kinda dull and mindless. Although, I do love a good game of poker.

I had one bloom today of an OP seedling of Garden Gnome. It was single 6 petaled thing. Some of the petals curved upward and some bent almost flat against the sepals. It was not good to look at at all. Plus it had some heavy powdery mildew. Looked like it was covered in that fake snow you can by in a can. But boy did it smell good. For a bloom about the size of a dime or a nickle you did not even need to be close to it to get a good strong smell of it.

By the way the OP Garden Gnome seedlings produce alot of plant suseptable to powdery mildew. Blooms seem to be mostly white or pink that fades to white. Half of the seedlings seem to have some scent. Most of these seedlings do have a nice reddish purple shade on the underside of the leaves. Maybe some of these seedlings will improve but I do not see this being the case because they seem so poor compared to other seedlings I have.

I was about to write mine off at first also. It took forever to open up and then when it did, the pedals were rolled up like straws. It really looked ugly. But one day the pedals unrolled and that’s when I took the picture. It still looks the same today 6 days later.

Paul

Their is only one picture of a bloom! Make some pictures!

Or is it to early for blooms yet at the other side of the world?

This is my second seedling to bloom this year. It is from the cross (The Gift X unknown) X Lyda Rose. The first seedling to bloom was from the same cross, but its foliage isn’t very good. They both germinated in the fridge in early December.

I’ve had about 450 germinations so far, and am getting a couple dozen new germinations every day. Most of my seeds were still in the fridge until yesterday. Now about 2/3 of them are out of the fridge.

Nice dip!

This is my second seedling to bloom. It is a Robin Hood OP.

Nice Paul. Is it fragrant?

Thanks Robert,

It has a real light scent.

It has a much stronger scent today. Even I can smell it. I can’t smell very good at all. So if I can detect a scent, then it must be fairly strong.

lol, I don’t seem to be able to pick up certain fragrances either. It must be a nice new Hybrid Musk?

A new Hybrid Musk would be great. I can’t wait to see if that is what it develops into. This is the fun part of hybridizing, when you start to see the fruits of your labor.

You guys can use me as a tester lol. I’m really hypersensitive to taste/smell.

I wouldn’t normally post a second photo of a seedling, but this is my first Polyantha seedling and I wasn’t expecting so many blooms on such a small plant. I already cut off the first spent bloom. Besides the three blossoms there is three more buds(one is chopped off at the top of the picture). There is no scent.

Paul,

It looks like it’s going to be a great bloomer - very nice!

Jim Sproul

Thanks Jim

Hi people,

The strip-tease has begon!!

Here is a little preview of my first flower ever:

It’s a Pink Cloud x Golden Celebration cross

I also made a little site for the new flowers:

www.rosacreations.com

wow, x-rated! o_O

My first bloom of the season.

Coral Dawn x Golden Celebration

Nice!