Band pots

Anyone know where to buy 6" tall band pots? I’ve only found sources for smaller sizes, alas.

4 X 4 X 6 pots can be made by cutting tops off of 1/2 gallon milk jugs, and using hole saw to cut four drain holes in bottom.

Hi Fara,

It has been several years since I ordered bands (I re-use mine), but in the past I have been able to order cases of 200–2 7/8 x 2 7/8 x 5 1/2 inch bands from Anderson Die & Manufacturing Company in Portland, Oregon. They are a wholesale company and were a bit reluctant to sell to me, but after talking to Mrs. B. Anderson she quoted me the price for the number of cases of bands I wanted plus UPS shipping (which was pricey even then). I sent her a check prior to the bands being shipped and when it cleared she sent the bands. I have done this several times over the years, but I haven’t ordered any new bands since 2005. It is worth a call to them to see if they will still accommodate this type of practice, but Mrs. Anderson was very nice when I told her what I was using them for. The price for 5 cases (1000) bands plus shipping was $187.50 in 2005.

Contact info:

Anderson Die and Manufacturing Co.

(Mrs. B. Anderson)

2425 S. E. Moores Street

Portland, OR 97222-6362

Ph: 503-654-5629

I hope this helps.

Julie Overom

What Julie suggested, or failing that, try Steuber Distributing at 1-800-426-8815 They sell the bands you want in cases for about $45 a case.

Paul