ARS Convention in St. Louis - RHA Meeting?

Will there be an RHA meeting in St. Louis?

Jim Sproul

Yes, unfortunately no time slot was alloted in the convention schedule, but John Moe said he would set up a time and place during the convention for our meeting.

Will get back to you with more details later.

The convention planners did not show any time in the schedule for the RHA to have a meeting. I talked to Linda Finkes, the Convention Chair, and she will have a room for us from 1:30 - 2:00 to hold a short business meeting. At this late date it would be difficult to arrange our own program. Instead we can attend the afternoon sessions, particularly the program by Tom Carruth of Weeks Roses at 4:00 pm. His topic is “Hybridizing and Selecting Winning Roses”, which fits in nicely with what we do. The other program that should be of interest to hybridizers would be the one about the new Modern Roses 12 at 2:00 pm by Phil Schorr & Marily Young. They are the ones that have been handling all rose registrations. Linda will have information concerning the location, etc., at the registration table when you check in. Hope to see many of you there.

John Moe

General Director

Oops! Forgot to include the date. It is Saturday, the 15th of September at 1:30 pm.

Larry and John, thanks for the info!

Jim Sproul

John,

I take it Modern Roses 12 is about to be published. If so, I’ll be unhappy that several mistakes regarding descriptions of Canadian cultivars have not been corrected. Not that I haven’t tried to get them corrected but I have been ignored. Then again, apparently the editors know much more about Canadian developed roses than I do.

Paul