Anyone ever used Banrot for damping off/root rot

Is it toxic to rose seedlings? Is it effective?

You did not ask for a discussion if it is safe to use for indoor rose germinating/seed growing, but I will address that aspect anyhow.

The MSDS is at:

Http://www.scottsprohort.com/_documents/MSDS/Banrot_40WP.pdf

Please notice what they state you must do to protect yourself, please notice in particular what they say about use in enclosed quarters.

It contains 2 active ingredients:

etridazole and thiophanate-methyl

thiophanate-methyl cam be found in the following link as classified by the EPA as:

“Likely to be Carcinogenic to Humans”, see page 20 of the PD. link:

Http://npic.orst.edu/chemicals_evaluated_July2004.pdf

Link: npic.orst.edu/chemicals_evaluated_July2004.pdf

Thanks Henry. I appreciate your concern for my health. I certainly want to avoid dangerous chemicals as much as possible, but if I have to use one, I want one that really works. Last year I lost everything to damping off. Your suggestions (and those of others on this board) of using hydrogen peroxide, using sterile medium, letting the soil dry out slightly between waterings, and using a fan have GREATLY reduced the incidence of damping off (for which I sincerely thank you), but I am still having some problems. I never had problems before moving to my new place so I think the water is loaded with some super-fungus.

Yikes. Henry, I just read through the last document you sent. I am starting to rethink whether a few lost seedlings is worth using this chemical.

I really appreciate the info.